Background

My photo
Los Angeles
Une Petit Chouette means "Small Owl" in French. That's me.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Self Interview: Living Room Edition

In an effort to clear the clutter from my mind and cure my design ADD, I've decided to interview myself the way bloggers interview the participants of their house tours.  Only, my interview will be about what I would like my apartment to eventually look like!  Here goes!

How would you describe what you'd like your living room to feel/look like?
Bohemian meets contemporary rustic.  Lots of textures.  Nods to both global bazaars and nature.  World Market meets Urban Outfitters with a splash of thrift.

What color schemes do you enjoy for this space?
For my living room, I am enjoying the idea of a "Moroccan Carnival" color scheme, which would be centered around my chili colored couch and my gun metal colored Apostrophe Chair.

 

Moroccan Carnival A
Moroccan Carnival B
 
What are the top 5   6   7 must-haves that you'd like to incorporate into this space?

1. Faux Antlers/Horns/Animal Heads (shown: Z Gallerie)
2. Faux Fur or Flokati Rug (shown: IKEA) 
3. Hanging Moroccan Lanterns (shown: Apartment Therapy)


4. A terrarium...or four. (shown: Augury on Etsy) 
5. Colorful throw pillows (shown: Sukan on Etsy) 
6. A wall gallery of neato Etsy prints (shown: Apartment Therapy)


7. Owls (Shown: AVelvetLeaf on Etsy, West Elm, Birdmafia on Etsy)


What are your dream decor sources for this room?
1. Urban Outfitters
2. Etsy
3. World Market
4. West Elm
5. Anthropologie 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment