Background

My photo
Los Angeles
Une Petit Chouette means "Small Owl" in French. That's me.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Design ADD - Part I

I've been so flustered lately.
Not only do I want to buy so many things and have NO money to pay for them, but I love TOO MANY styles.  I really should just shut-up, suck it up, and start DIYing.  But I have a fear of effing up a perfectly good piece of furniture, or spending money on fabric only to make a busted ass pillow.

I recently read about the "homework series" at The Marion House Book, which tackled the task of commitment issues in design and curating a cohesive home.  She actually got the idea from Holley & Gill, which I looked into as well.  Anywhoo...this got me thinking about these issues in my home.  I tend to be drawn to so many varying styles, color schemes, textures, and ideas that if i went with my gut (and had the income to actually do so) my apartment would look like a funhouse.  And not in a cute kitschy way.

I also had my usual recurring daydream of moving back to New York and thought to myself: "Self?  If you moved into a tiny little studio apartment in Morningside, your living room stuff would totally clash with your bedroom stuff.  Maybe you should try to make your whole home a bit more cohesive."  I agreed with myself.

So here's where I stand now:

BEDROOM



LIVING ROOM

All my walls are bare (eek!!!!) and i can't decide what fabulous Etsy prints I want to hang on them.  I have elements of every genre of design represented in my house (mid-century, contemporary, bohemian, scandanavian, etc.) and I need to bring it all together.

Stay tuned as I embark on this journey to cure my design ADD!

No comments:

Post a Comment