Background

My photo
Los Angeles
Une Petit Chouette means "Small Owl" in French. That's me.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Organizing a Happy New Year!

Hello, friends!  I hope you had a relaxing and joyful holiday season.  Please forgive the extended hiatus, but I have been selfishly and sluggishly easing my way into this new year.  But now that the second week of the month has already passed, it's time to get my butt in gear!  And there's no better way to do that than to start the year off with some tips to help organize your life in 2011!



I came across this fantastic idea for a makeshift dresser on Apartment Therapy.  I have a ton of closet space in my apartment, but the one closet that SHOULD be the biggest (in the bedroom) is actually the smallest.  So I have my sweatshirts, sweaters, and accessories stored away in one of the larger closets near the entryway.  Though it's be working for me so far, I have to admit that it can be annoying sometimes when I'm running from closet to closet in the morning in a mad dash to get dressed for work.  This neato idea could put an end to the morning madness.

Using plywood, vintage shelf brackets, and fabric organizing bins, you can easily create extra storage where you lack closet space or the space (or budget) for storage furniture.  Just hang your shelves high enough so that the contents are above eye level, and low enough for them to easily be reached.  You could even try other bin styles and textures. I would maybe try a nice woven basket or something with a whimsical print.  What do you guys think?  Would you try this to help you get organized for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment