Background

My photo
Los Angeles
Une Petit Chouette means "Small Owl" in French. That's me.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My First (big) DIY Project?

So you may notice that the title of this post is a question.  That is because I'm kind of a little "scurred" for the project that I may be setting up for myself.  Maybe my fellow design fanatics out there can help me out.  I found a GREAT deal on Craigslist on this simple, yet versatile Shaker style set.  This dresser is being sold along with two matching nightstands for a truly unbeatable price. 



I immediately responded to the post with the hopes of gearing up enough guts and energy to tackle this as my first Before & After project.  But, I gotta admit...I'm a little afraid that the task will seem too overwhelming once I have the furniture in my bedroom, thus leaving me with some nice-but-plain-generic furniture.  Then, I fear I will have to question why I ever let go of my white IKEA Malm Dresser.  Especially after seeing this Malm upgrade on Apartment Therapy:



So what do you guys think?  Any suggestions?
I'll do a Before & After roundup, but I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment