Background

My photo
Los Angeles
Une Petit Chouette means "Small Owl" in French. That's me.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

House Tour Inspiration: Liz's Durham Duplex

While enjoying my daily browse of the Apartment Therapy blog, I came across Liz's inspiring house tour.  It all started when I noticed that she and I have the same paper lantern pendant floor lamp...


I really liked the casual modern motif she combined with the natural and bohemian textures of the paper lamp.  But then, as I kept clicking, I saw a really neat pattern.  She seems to have tied all the rooms together using the paper lantern theme.




I was really inspired by her minimalist bedroom.  I am currently faced with the dilemma of not being able to paint my apartment walls and have been unsatisfied with the institutional feel I get whenever laying in my bed. Liz, however, used her white walls to her advantage by working WITH them and hanging several white lanterns.  I think it provides quite a relaxing atmosphere.  What do you think?


Check out Liz's full house tour on Apartment Therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment