Background

My photo
Los Angeles
Une Petit Chouette means "Small Owl" in French. That's me.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

To DIY For: Postcard Calendar Journal

 
I came across this sweet little DIY project from Ahsley at Design Sponge and thought it was a pretty clever gift idea.  I think it's safe to say that most of us have tried our hand at keeping a journal at least once in our lives.  And if you're anything like me, you start off strong and eventually taper down to one entry every three to six months.  If like me, you (or a friend of yours) can't seem to find the time to journal, this project is for you.



Ashley says:
The idea is very simple — flip to the current date and at the end of the day, write down something that happened. Some days it is big things like “Annie took her first steps.” Other days it is small, like “needed more than one cup of coffee this morning.”
The first year is the least rewarding, but I imagine that in 10 years, it will be a daily treat to be reminded of what happened on that date over the last decade. I think these would make great gifts this season, not only for adults but also for older kids, baby showers, retirement parties, wedding showers and more. Enjoy!
Check out the full instructions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment