Background

My photo
Los Angeles
Une Petit Chouette means "Small Owl" in French. That's me.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Inspiration: Canopy Beds

I love a good canopy bed.  Something about them reminds me of my blanket fort building days when I would drape various colorful quilts and coverlets over anything that would hold the fabric up like a tent.
 
 
A far-east inspired retreat, with a touch of retro.  I love the paper lanterns hung from inside the canopy.

This is one of my favorites.  I'm thinking this would be a pretty awesome DIY project and could add a delicate rustic vibe to a feminine room.  What do you guys think?  Too much?

I think this could be done as a DIY project as well. And with my bed against the wall in a similar way as shown here, this would be a chic option.  Especially if used with this cornice by decarlo.

Another DIY possibility, achieved by simply draping some fabric from the ceiling and recycling this year's Christmas lights.  The lights do double duty as well, by acting as a headboard and providing a gentle ambiance.  Also take a peek at the strategically placed frames on the wall to give the canopy a cozier feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment