Background

My photo
Los Angeles
Une Petit Chouette means "Small Owl" in French. That's me.

Friday, November 26, 2010

What A Lovely Accent!

I've been wanting to paint my walls and have been going back and forth as to whether or not I want to paint all four, or just do an accent wall.  An accent wall would definitely be more budget friendly, and for a first-time apartment painter I should probably keep the difficulty level down towards beginner-intermediate.  Here's what I'm working with.  The model is my best friend Harold, visiting from NYC...hi, Boo!

 Living Room

Taken from the couch in the living room, facing the entryway.

So I've been researching single accent walls, specifically in rooms where all the other walls are white.  Here's what I've found for inspiration:

 Nicole Sassaman's foyer on Decorpad

Mansi's Orange Accent on Apartment Therapy

 I like the idea of a patterned accent wall.  Whereas, I don't really want to go the wallpaper route, this patterned accent wall on Decor8 has me inspired.


Now this is more my speed...and much easier.  An accent color with a wall decal print like these ones on T&R might give the affect I need to tie together the painted wall with the white ones.

Take a look at a few more wall decals I enjoy after the jump!





Blick


I am LIVING for this chick!  




1 comment: