Background

My photo
Los Angeles
Une Petit Chouette means "Small Owl" in French. That's me.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cornered & Floored: Bed Inspiration

I recently upgraded from a full-sized bed to a luxurious queen.  Sadly, though, her highness is currently nestled in the corner, sitting on top of the boxspring.  I don't know how soon I can afford to spring for a new bed frame, so I've been researching alternative ways to spruce up m'lady in her current state.

With a bed on the floor, it's probably a good idea to keep most other furnishings and decor relatively low, as to maintain a nice perspective.  Otherwise, I would imagine laying on the bed would feel a bit like Alice after discovering the "Drink Me" bottle.


Emily Henson's house tour on Apartment Therapy proved to be good inspiration.  Here, she accents a cornered bed with a pretty rad tree design, and disguises a boxspring with a fitted sheet.  In the Master, another cornered bed is softened by scattered frames as a unique headboard.

 Emily Henson's House Tour on Apartment Therapy Los Angeles

And speaking of headboards, this corner headboard rocks my world.  Seems simple enough to make for a DIY project too!

Domino Magazine

Take a peek at a few more inspirations after the jump.



I'm a fan of grey bedrooms like this one, and the chandelier is a nice luxe touch.

David Alhadeff's Brooklyn Bedroom
The shelves act as a bit of a side headboard.  Side...Headboard...does that even make sense?

Ann Wood's cornered and cleverly covered boxspring.  i think it's just a flat sheet!

Laura Aviva's bed is definitely one of my favs.  She makes floor-bed action look sexy and chic.  And I LOVE the inspirational chalk board.  It says "I have wings to fly" for all you Spanish impaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment